Tactical Shooter Insurgency launches today on Steam
New World Interactive officially launches Insurgency, a tactical first-person shooter originally based on a popular Counter-Strike mod, today on Steam for PC and Mac.
During the current Steam Winter Sale you can buy the game at $9.99 USD, a 50% off discount. After January 2, 2014 however, the game will cost you $19.99 USD.
New World Interactive’s improvement over the mod include:
- New Map: Peak
- New Weapon: AT-4
- Updated Maps: Siege, District, Ministry and Heights
- Ability to “focus” for a short amount of time by aiming down the sites and holding the sprint key (shift)
- New radio cues for “Objective Lost” and “Objective Captured”
- New music cues for winning, losing and round-start
- Updated aiming reticles for Sniper, 4x, Eotech and Kobra sights.
- Re-implemented shell injection
The game is built on Valve’s Source Engine and supports up to 32 players in multiplayer. A Linux version of the game will be available soon.
To learn more about the game or buy it, visit it’s official Steam page.