Grand Ages: Medieval Announced, Releasing in 2015
Kalypso Media has announced that Grand Ages: Medieval is currently in development and is due to be released in 2015 on PC. The next installment in the Grand Ages franchise, which is being developed by Gaming Mind Studios, will see players take control of a small settlement in the year 1050 AD as you try to lead them to glory on a gigantic 30 million square kilometre map, ranging from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East.
Players must explore the vast world and gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. You can found new cities and advance your technology as you look to fend of barbarian attacks and conquer Europe and beyond.
At present three game modes have been announced. The campaign which will feature designed cut-scenes as well as free play where you will be left to forge your own empire in a sandbox type game-mode. Finally, Grand Ages: Medieval will feature 8 player multiplayer as you test your skills against other real players.
Grand Ages: Medieval Features
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via network and online
Source: *Press Release