The Elder Scrolls Online players to receive five days additional game time
ZeniMax Online Studios has announced in its recent blog that any The Elder Scrolls Online players who created an account prior to to May 1 will receive an additional five days of free game time. The free game time has been given in recognition of launch issues that the game has faced since it became available just under a month ago. An email will be sent to all applicable accounts confirming that you will be receiving an addition 5 days.
ZeniMax Online Studios game director Matt Frior stated, “We recognize that some of the launch issues - especially black market botting and spam, de-synced quests, and the disappearing bank slot bug - affected the early gameplay experience of a number of players, Fixing these problems required us to take the megaservers offline, costing players time in the game. In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time.”
Besides announcing free game time, Frior also revealed a sneak peek of what we can expect in future updates to ESO, including:
- A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases
- A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught
- Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter.
- Field of View (FOV) adjustment
- Armor dyeing and tinting
- Two new Veteran Dungeons: Crypt of Hearts and City of Ash
- New region of Craglorn with a new Trial (the Serpent)
- Increased ability to pick up items in the world
- Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood storyline and quests.
- Horse Racing
- Dragonstar Arena—similar to Trials, but built for a group of four
- Improvements to fishing
- Crafting system improvements
- Improved Looking for Group system
- Better NPC facial animations
- Guild functionality updates: guild store interface updates, customizable guild insignias, tabards, and guild ranks, and Guild Kiosks—guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild.
- Auto-leveling dungeons that level to your group leader
- Awards when you repeat dungeons
- Imperial City PvP dungeon