Battlefield 4 title update for Xbox One available today.
DICE are finally rolling out the long awaited Battlefield 4 title update for Xbox One, the developer has confirmed. The patch fixes a variety of crashes which occur during map transitions and improves stability all round. Players will be pleased to know that the one-hit-kill bug which had become increasingly frustrating has now been dealt with, along with removing the blur effect when Commanders were using an EMP.
The patch is available to players now, with DICE warning that players “may experience some downtime as we upgrade our services”. Below is a full list of fixes in the patch.
- Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions
- Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the “end of round” screen
- Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat
- Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Fixed the “one-hit kill” bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed
- Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
- Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode
- Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties
- Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable