7 Days to Die - A Survival Zombie Crafting Game!
With all these great zombie games rising from the ground like there is no tomorrow, and some of them unfortunately ending up back in the ground, we take a look at 7 Days to Die…
Last week, I stumbled across this game while doing a search for some updates on DayZ. At first I thought it was just another Minecraft wanna be, but I decided to take a look anyway. I quickly discovered exactly what 7 Days to Die is, and it sounds like my kind of game! It’s obvious that comparisons to Minecraft will arise, however this is not Minecraft with Zombies!
7 Days to Die is an Open-World Sandbox Zombie Survival Crafting Game. The game takes place in 2034 Arizona, where nuclear attacks have decimated the Earth and the remaining inhabitants of Earth have become infected. The game gets its name from the fact that the this virus takes 7 days to kill the infected before they turn into the living dead.
A lot of care has gone into the world, with its modern, beautiful, fully destroyable, fully buildable, fully dynamic, hand crafted without doubt one of its most appealing features. Every game needs a brilliant world, and with 7 Days to Die it looks like we get just that! Not only does it offer the setting, but you can build and destroy it just as you would in Minecraft. Personally, I love that idea. As of yet we haven’t had a decent Zombie Survival game where you are able to actually build a proper base to fortify etc. 7 Days to Die also features a “Dynamic Block Stability Physics System,” which simulates real-time structural integrity. In short, this means that if something isn’t build properly, it is likely to come crashing down.
Here is a list of features you can expect to see in 7 Days to Die straight from their website!
- Relentless Enemies – Relentless enemies will stop at nothing as they claw, jump and break their way through the world in order to get to you. And watch out for the unique severely mutated.
- The MacGyver in you – Mine and loot a multitude of items and ingredients to survive creating hundreds of weapons, items and traps with the intuitive and deep “Crafting System” inspired by classic adventure games but modernized. No wiki required!
- Two sides to every Story – Uncover the truth as you find survivor notes that lead to better loot from the “Dynamic Story Generation System” which puts the player in charge of the story solving the “now what problem” that plague most voxel games.
- Friends and Foes – Play solo, Co-op online with friends or in our unique “Zombie Nomad Mode” for a no rules experience!
- Blow it up or Build it up! – Enjoy a fully destroyable voxel-based world blowing up everything in the entire game or build it up bolstering the defenses of an existing structure or building your own fort to try and keep the zombies out.
- You know like Bowhunting Skills –Gain experience and upgrade your skills in melee, guns, crafting, and stealth!
- Become the True Survivalist – Rummage and mine your way through the world finding food, water, loot and the resources you’ll need to survive and discover a purpose for everything in the world.
- Build it and they will come – Build your own worlds and play them with your friends using the “Creative Mode Tools” featuring hundreds of block shapes and prefabs.
7 Days to Die is now in Alpha as of August. If you wish to take part, you can buy the game now for $34.99. It is certainly one to keep a look out for. As to whether or not it will set the world alight depends on how well, or poorly, it is executed. But I am confident that it will be a game many of us will enjoy for a long time. Only time will tell, but I have for sure invested $15 in much worse things!
Video of Alpha Gameplay: